Thursday 5 March 2015

Mistress of spices



If one has to sum up Indian cooking, invariably we end up explaining our most basic items in the kitchen - spices. There is no escaping from these intriguing looking things which translates into oodles of aroma and fragrance. So my story originated from spices and creating magic with these spices were Tanvi - my mistress of spices.

Now what I liked about it was the simple entrepreneurship. An Indian kitchen just cannot do without spices. You take that idea, put it into a jar and quite simply just sell it !!! That's what Tanvi did. She was working as a HR but an accident left her out of job and a subsequent slow recovery made her rethink about her career options. "I kept on thinking for days what is it that I am good at? " she says smiling. The answer came with an exciting idea of selling fresh, homemade spices. " My husband was totally against it initially given my chronic asthmatic condition but I was convinced beyond doubt. So when I am working with spices either grinding or experimenting, I use a mask or cover my face. But at times I have to bear the brunt - occupational hazard you see" she adds.



Not only is she catering for regular kitchen masalas like deggi mirch, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, chole masala, chaat masala turmeric powder but also there are also innovative spices like dahi vada masala, raita masala, subzi masala, dried tomatoes masala. She informs," I keep on experimenting with proportions which gives my spices a
unique taste ". Right now Tanvi is selling spices on individual requirement and also catering to a few restaurants as well. So if you are looking for freshly, hygienically made spices for your kitchen or you require large scale quantities for commercial purpose you can reach Tanvi or mail her on tanvi.kumar82@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment